I made this for Friday's Drop-in-Supper. I received several request for the recipe.
- Family sized package of Stew cut Beef. Cut into bite-sized portions( approximately 2lbs?)
- 2/3 cups of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup white or Spanish Onion
- dash of curry powder
- dash of garlic powder
- dash of white crushed pepper (although any fresh crushed pepper will do)
- 1/2 cup diced Green Pepper
- 1/2 cup diced Red Pepper
- 1/2 cup diced Yellow Pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 cartons of Vegetable broth
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 8 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes, medium diced.
- 1 packet of Sazon
- Olives to taste
1. Marinate beef in Worcestershire sauce, along with the dashes of curry, pepper and garlic in the fridge, while you chop the rest of the ingredients.
2. Brown beef in skillet. Set aside
3. Sauté peppers, onion and garlic in 1 tsp of olive oil, in large stockpot, add vegetable broth, and bring to a boil. Add a small can of tomato paste
4. Add potatoes and beef, bring to a simmer.
5. Simmer for 2 hrs, or till beef and potatoes are both tender.
6. Add Sazon and olives. (never add any seasoning with salt, till the end of cooking time, to avoid toughening the meat) cook for about 3 minutes, and then you are ready to serve.